101 goals in 1000 days
Mike introduced this idea to me and I think it’s great. 101 goals in 1000 days…here goes nothing!
- Visit Europe.
- Hike Kilimanjaro.
- Read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy
- Read the Book of Mormon.
- Sing a solo in front of a crowd.
- Run a marathon.
- Read 25 classic books (including East of Eden, A River Runs Through It). (1/25).
- Buy a car.
- Be on time for work for 1 month straight.
- Run 4 times a week for 3 months.
- Go off sugar for 6 months.
- Do baptisms in 10 different temples. (4/10).
- Buy an original work of art.
- Buy a cruiser bicycle.
- Participate in Project 365.
- Learn to play Clair de Lune on the piano.
- Don’t log onto facebook for one month.
- Send a secret into PostSecret.
- Go to 10 yoga classes. (0/10)
- Get down to 125 pounds.
- Figure out my favorite type of sushi.
Buy a pair of heels and wear them consistently.
- Drink 1/2 gallon of water a day for one month-make this a habit.
- Have $5000 saved by the end of 1000 days.
- Keep a photo log of all the goals I complete.
- Buy an “ugly” dress from the thrift store and alter it so it’s cute.
- Write 5 letters of thanks to 5 companies about excellent service I’ve received from specific employees. (0/5)
- Learn to play tennis.
- Learn to swim.
- Hold all negative comments about others back for an entire week straight.
- Eat breakfast everyday for 2 weeks and still be on time to work.
- Don’t eat out for 1 month.
- Go to a professional sporting event.
- Get good and kissed in a rainstorm.
- Remain on track to graduate from nursing school.
- Take an entire day and do whatever my nephews want to do.
- Fly and visit Amy in Iowa.
- Camp in Big Sur.
- Beat Minesweeper on expert.
- Bungee jump.
- Do a really big favor for my mom.
- Go splunking.
- See the Tour de France in Paris.
- Play a game of basketball.
- Watch an entire game of football.
- Read a whole poetry book and discover my favorite poet.
- See a meteor shower.
- Try to like 5 foods I hate: cottage cheese, apples, raisins,
- Go skinny dipping.
- Go to a show in LA
- Save an entire paycheck.
- Actually read Twilight to validate my hatred of it.
- Make a piece of art for my own room.
- Take a day and write letters to everyone I love, telling them that.
Fall in love.
- Figure out if I am a democrat or a republican.
- Learn to cook 10 different dishes. (1/10)
Attend 5 concerts. (5/5)
- Learn to play all the Christmas hymns on the piano so my Dad can sing to them come Christmas time.
Throw a birthday party for one of my good friends.
- Learn 100 new words. (4/100)
- Go on a road trip in the U.S. to visit a friend.
- Take an art class (poetry, photography, anything)
- Be able to do 10 pushups (pathetic, I know)
- Make a font out of my own handwriting
- Get a super short haircut.
- Restart my blog and post at least once a week.
- Go to Alaska and see the Northern Lights.
- Make 5 new friends.
- Get a 4.0 GPA one semester.
- Write Wes at least once a month.
- Visit the Atlantic Ocean.
- Try being a vegetarian for a month.
Attend one of my good friend’s weddings.
- Do a 5 day cleanse diet.
- See SYTYCD in concert.
- Go camping 10 times. (6/10)
- Get a library card and go to the library at least once a month.
- Read a Chuck Palahniuk novel.
Get a credit card and start building my credit.
- Drive down and visit my grandmother in St. George.
Buy an American Apparel T-shirt.
- Pray every morning for a month, make it a habit.
- Do the 90 day challenge (don’t buy any new clothes for 90 days and wear everything in my closet during that time.)
- Swim in the Great Salt Lake.
- See Coldplay in concert again.
- Stay in a bed and breakfast.
- See a stand up comedian.
- Volunteer 10 times (0/10).
- Go on a small, but multiple day biking trip with my 2 brothers.
- Touch my toes without bending my knees. (again, pathetic.)
- Scuba dive.
- Participate in a book club.
- Write a book of my favorite lyrics.
Listen to an entire rap album.
- Watch 20 films that either Mike or Shane suggest.
- Have a twenty minute conversation with each of my sister’s once a month.
- Start a flickr account and post my pictures on it.
- Maintain a dream journal for 2 months.
- Buy a fantastic, expensive pair of headphones.
- Go to bed before midnight for a month.
Start date: January 18, 2010.
End date: October 14, 2012.